Scaling a business is every entrepreneur’s headache. Everyone is trying to find the “magic pill” that will increase your conversion rates, your audience will find you and your business will grow. If you are thinking about expanding your business, perhaps such a pill for you will be organic marketing.
But to use this profitable tool competently, it is important to understand what you are doing and for what. This material will introduce you to seven effective marketing strategies that will challenge scaling your business.
What is organic marketing?
Marketing comes in, paid and free. Paid advertising includes banners, celebrity campaigns, promos, and more that you run with your own money to a wide audience. The way it works here is simple: the audience sees a classic ad, understands what they are being sold, and makes a buying decision.
Free (or organic) marketing is a long-term strategy in which you invest resources in developing your community, social media, content marketing, image building in the media space, and more, ultimately bringing you organic traffic. This is the audience that subscribed/bought a product/wrote to you not after seeing an advertisement but because of normal internet surfing, coming across your online activity, and feeling sympathy for you.
Advantages of organic marketing strategy:
Attracting a real audience. Organic content marketing works to build trust with your audience. Over time, the emotional connection to the company strengthens, loyalty grows, and conversion rates lead to systematic growth.
Budget savings. When you accept the rules of the game of paid promotion, you have to put in a lot of effort (including financial) to outperform your competitors. In the organic approach, everything is different: your video in TikTok is viral – and now hundreds and thousands of potential customers leave a purchase order. You spent $30 to create the video. And how much would these leads have cost you if you had chosen classic paid advertising?
Long-term course. An organic SEO strategy is a solid foundation for further business development. Relatively inexpensive marketing efforts create a strong customer base that interacts with your content and spreads word-of-mouth.
Benefits of paid content marketing:
Doesn’t limit your customer base. While paid marketing can tap into any demographic market in the short term, you can only target a narrowly targeted audience organically.
More expensive, but faster. Though paid promotion requires you to spend a substantial budget, it allows you to reach new customers quickly and thus increase conversion rates.
Almost no effort and ingenuity is required. Paid promotion requires much less creativity than goes into content marketing in organic promotion.
Both promotion methods have strengths and weaknesses. Many companies mix the two approaches to understand the optimal formula for success through testing. However since this material is devoted specifically to organic marketing, it is worth saying that even the existing shortcomings do not make the method less effective.
How to get organic traffic: 7 ways
How do you get access to this magical source of audience that comes to you on its own and does not require significant investment? You still have to make efforts to attract it. There are relevant organic content marketing strategies in 2023, which in theory, can work for you.
Write articles for the blog
A blog on a website performs several useful functions at once: it establishes a connection between your business and your audience, familiarizes potential customers with your product more deeply, and promotes the page in search engines. The first two points help convince a “hot” audience to purchase, and the third – brings brand new people to you, which is organic traffic.
To make your website blog work in your favor and become a full-fledged organic content marketing tool, you need to:
- Publish useful, unique, and quality articles that answer the questions of your target audience. If you lack the creativity to create articles on your own, you can always use the services of online papers writing help or freelance writers;
- Use keywords, quality internal and external linking, optimized meta tags and titles, and other SEO tools;
- Regularly update old articles to align with your current marketing strategy, adding relevant information to keep content fresh;
- Publish articles on other popular blogs in your niche to attract new audiences;
- Use videos, infographics, and images to make content more appealing;
- Optimize articles for different devices.
Organic content marketing is a direct way to attract and retain customers in the long run. The tool can be useful in any niche if used correctly. Test different approaches to getting organic traffic and determine the strategies that are right for you.
Invest in SEO
SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is a way of increasing traffic to your website through working with search engines. The better a website is optimized from an SEO perspective, the higher it will appear to a user in a search engine when they are looking for something similar to your product.
Working on SEO in 2023 has become a key strategy for many small and large businesses. While optimization was given less attention a few years ago, today, companies are actively returning to using the tool.
Collaborate with partners
Teaming up with companies in your industry that aren’t your competitors is a powerful booster for any business. Why work alone when you can join forces? Here are a few ideas on how you can scale with the help of partner companies:
- Developing a unique offering in the marketplace – a new product or service with the help of another company;
- Creating partnership programs for mutual promotion – for example, backlink exchange;
- Joint advertising campaigns, workshops, webinars, and events;
- Collaboration in R&D, manufacturing, or logistics to reduce costs and increase efficiency;
- Collaborative content marketing: creating articles, blogs, videos, or podcasts with partners to share information and capture the attention of both audiences;
- Cross-promotion – discounts and promotions for your partner’s customers when they purchase your product or service, and vice versa;
- Working on joint educational programs and courses.
- Joint work with partners allows you to share audiences, increase recognition, generate new ideas, and combine potentials for better results.
Take care of SMM
If you imagine your business is a store, social media marketing (SMM) is the storefront that showcases your product and attracts people passing by.
Almost any company’s social media presence is key to scaling. This includes:
- Having active accounts on 2-3 social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, and others);
- Keeping regular stories and posts;
- Audience interaction;
- Clear navigation (the user knows where to see prices, how to buy the product, who to ask questions to);
- Content adapted to the peculiarities of social networks.
If you don’t invest in SMM, you are depriving yourself of an extremely generous source of organic audience. Every day in social networks “shoots” one business after another: one has a video, the second – a cute photo, and the third – a post with reflections. The result is virtually free audience growth for anyone who allocates a budget for content marketing.