More and more often, Internet users are thinking about how to ensure their anonymity and security, how to gain access to resources that are blocked in a particular region, and how to ensure multi-accounting without a ban. The optimal solution to each of these problems is the use of anonymizers, in particular mobile proxies and VPN services. If you are thinking about using a streaming proxy or VPN for Twitch or Youtube, this article will help you understand the difference between the two solutions.
What Are VPNs And Mobile Proxies?
Mobile proxies act as a buffer between the device and the site you are visiting. They pass traffic through themselves and replace the user’s real IP with their own. This makes a proxy a useful tool for bypassing website access restrictions.
VPN is a virtual private network that protects data on the Internet from interception. It uses encryption techniques to secure information and forwards the payload at the second or third layer of the OSI network model. This means that the data is secure and only those who have the decryption key can access it. A VPN can also spoof a user’s IP address.
Both technologies solve similar problems. However, the functionality of VPN is strictly limited. It is suitable solely for protecting personal information online and changing the network address (to gain access to regionally unavailable sites and applications).
Mobile proxies are suitable for multi-accounts. You won’t just hide your IP address, but get access to more than 3,000 addresses. This makes it possible to freely create accounts on social networks, streaming services, bookmakers, cryptocurrency exchanges, and other services.
What Problems Can Be Solved Using a VPN?
VPN is effective in a number of situations. In particular, you can use these tools in the following cases:
- If you use open Wi-Fi networks in public places: cafes, airports, or libraries, connecting to a VPN will protect confidential information and prevent data interception by attackers. This is useful because hackers often steal personal data on public networks.
- VPN allows you to connect to the websites and web applications you need. So, you can access those resources that are personally banned for your IP and residents of your country.
- A VPN keeps your online activity private and protects your personal information from being tracked by advertisers, government agencies, and others. You can also protect card numbers and passwords used for online purchases from theft.
How Mobile Proxies Can Help You
Mobile proxies are actively involved in many business processes related to Internet marketing. For example, additional IP addresses will be required for parsing – automated collection of information from sites. This helps to quickly analyze competitors on a marketplace or other site: find out prices, assortment, positions, and other characteristics. With automated collection, you save tens of hours of manual labor, but sites have a negative attitude towards such activity. For example, if one IP address makes 100 requests, this is clearly beyond the capabilities of an ordinary person and is perceived as a hacker attack.
Earlier we mentioned multi-accounting. The goal of creating additional accounts is always the same – to use the platform’s capabilities to the maximum. In social networks and streaming services, mobile proxies increase the limits on sending messages and invitations to a group, on trading platforms – the ability to create more advertisements.
In addition, you get access to the following features:
- Bypass local restrictions and provide access to resources blocked in your region. You simply connect to a mobile proxy server located in a country where these resources are available.
- Avoiding annoying Captcha. Mobile IP addresses are real and not associated with any unwanted activity, so you won’t have to enter Captcha every time you visit a site.
- Protection of corporate, secret, and private information. Your constantly changing IP addresses and data will not fall into the hands of supervisory or repressive authorities and will not be used against you.
- Protecting cookies from third parties. Mobile proxies do not disclose cookies, so third parties will not be able to track your browsing activity. The cache is also stored on proxy servers, which will ensure fast and stable Internet.
- Mobile proxies are ideal for those who post content on different accounts, engage in targeted and contextual advertising, and conduct SMM and SEO campaigns.
How to Choose a Mobile Proxy Provider?
If you are looking for a mobile proxy provider, there are several important aspects to pay attention to. Your provider should offer the following features:
- The ability to provide each user with a separate channel with unlimited traffic. This means you won’t be sharing bandwidth with other users, which can significantly improve connection speed and reliability.
- You can configure the IP address to change after a certain time interval or forcefully, using a link from your personal account or a program request. This will help avoid bans and restrictions that may occur when using the same IP address.
- Selection by geolocation and cellular network operators. Some platforms offer access to proxies in different countries and regions around the world, allowing you to choose the appropriate option for your task. In addition, you can choose your cellular network operator, which can also improve the quality of your connection.
- Simultaneous use of HTTP(S) and Socks5 protocols. Connection to the proxy occurs through parallel ports, which allows you to use HTTP(S) and Socks5 protocols simultaneously. This can be useful when working with different types of queries.
There is no need to use VPN or proxy servers at the same time. The action of both products is aimed primarily at ensuring anonymity and security of work on the network. Therefore, you should choose a solution based on the characteristics of the work ahead. If your priority is versatility, efficiency, and stability of interaction with any Internet resource, then you should make a choice in favor of mobile proxies from the iProxy.online service. Mobile proxies from iProxy.online are suitable for both streaming and other tasks, including online trading, SEO optimization, etc.