We have been listening to this in news for so long now that people have stopped using cable TV services and people are switching to streaming services and the possibility is that the era of cable TV service is dying. These are the rumors that we have been listening but still, there are millions of people who prefer to use cable TV services than streaming services.
There are many companies in America, which offer both cable TV and streaming service and it all depends on customers that, which service they want to use? Both services have their pros and cons. You need to find out which services would be suitable for you as per your needs.
There are millions of people who use streaming services and then there are millions of people who use cable TV services. There are some people who always want something new and when something new comes up, they get excited and they at least give a shot at the new technology. If a new technology comes up, that doesn’t mean that people will stop using the old technology. There will be people who would prefer to use the old technology because they are used to it.
In this article, we will discuss how much it would cost you to get a streaming service, what are the best streaming platforms where you can watch your favorite movies and TV shows, what are the best cable TV service providers through which you can get the cable TV service and what are the pros and cons of streaming and cable TV service. First, we will discuss the pros and cons of streaming services.
Pros and Cons of streaming service
- You can save more with streaming service as there will be no extra charges like broadcast fee and other surcharges which you will have to pay on top of the service charges. There will be just service charges that you will be paying.
- With almost all the streaming services, you will be getting a trial period in which you can decide either you should go for the streaming service or you should keep the cable TV service.
- The best part of the streaming service is that multiple users can use the same account at the same time, anywhere.
- You can set up your TV anywhere and you can watch your favorite shows and movies. All you need is a smart device that could be a smart TV, smartphone, or even a tablet and you can watch your favorite shows and movies, anywhere, anytime. With the streaming service, you don’t need to stick to one place to watch the content, you can watch your favorite show even if you are out. All you need is an internet connection and a smart device, that’s it.
- You can watch commercial-free content which is a plus point. It can be really frustrating if you are watching your favorite movie or your favorite TV show and you are so much into the movie and if the commercial comes, you will be so frustrated.
- There will be no penalties or termination charges if you want to cancel the streaming service. With cable TV service, if you want to cancel the services, you will have to some termination charges.
- If you are planning to cut the cord and switch to a streaming service, your decision can be both right and wrong and it all depends on your needs. If you are a sports freak and you like to watch sports channels, a streaming service might not be a good option as you don’t get a lot of options with the sports content when it comes to streaming services.
- To get the streaming service, you will also have to get an internet connection which means that if your internet connection is down or you are facing issues regarding your internet services, you won’t be able to watch your favorite show or movie.
Best streaming platforms
There are many streaming platforms that offer amazing streaming services to their customers and they have amazing content in their bucket for their customers. If you are a movie freak or you like famous TV shows like Peaky Blinders or Game of Thrones, you can get Netflix, Hulu, or HBO max streaming services as they offer amazing content and with just one account, multiple users can watch the content, anywhere, anytime.
Pros and Cons of Cable TV service
- With cable TV service, you get live sports content and a lot of other content which you don’t get with the streaming services. With streaming services, you get limited content and if you are a sports freak, you should always go for the cable TV service.
- You get a lot of on-demand content, which you don’t get with the streaming service.
- You don’t need to rely on your internet to watch your favorite TV show or movies.
- With cable TV service, there will be other charges that you will have to pay like broadcast fee and other surcharges on top of the service charge.
- You will have to rent equipment like cable boxes to watch the content.
- You cannot move your TV to a place where the cable chord is not installed, which means that you will have to stick to one place to watch TV.
Best cable TV service provider
There are many companies that offer cable TV services but only a few offer the best services. AT&T and Spectrum are considered the best cable TV service providers in America. Both provide amazing services and when it comes to customer service, AT&T customer service is considered the best. The customer service team will be there for you if you need any upgradation, if you have any concern regarding the channels or the content or if you have any billing or technical concern.